NBCC and Affiliates is currently accepting applications for directors and trustees to serve on our affiliate boards. If you are interested in sharing your expertise to help us fulfill our mission to promote and advance mental health care, we’d like to encourage you to apply. Serving on our boards is an opportunity for National Certified Counselors (NCCs) and Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) credential holders to advocate for the counseling profession and share their professional experience to make a positive, far-reaching impact.
NBCC and Affiliates is made up of three affiliate organizations: the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE), and the NBCC Foundation (NBCCF). Each is governed by its own volunteer board of directors and trustees.
Letters of interest will be accepted until Jan. 23, 2022, and candidates with the strongest qualifications will be contacted for more information. New members will serve a 3-year term beginning July 1, 2022, with the possibility of serving a second 3-year term.
Interested in applying? If so, please include the following information in your letter:
- How you demonstrate your professional identity as a counselor, and any other professional identities
- Areas of specialization and clinical practice
- Elected board or organizational governance positions you have held within or outside the counseling profession, and other boards you serve on within or outside the counseling profession
- Which board you are interested in serving on and why, and whether you would be willing to serve on one of our other affiliate boards
- How your leadership experiences may benefit NBCC and Affiliates
- Current or past engagements with NBCC, CCE, or the NBCC Foundation such as article submissions to The Professional Counselor, webinar attendance, volunteer work, etc.
- The certificate number of any credentials you hold with NBCC or CCE
For consideration, please email your letter and résumé or curriculum vita to Sally Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your materials to NBCC Board Governance Committee, attention: Sally Hansen, 3 Terrace Way, Greensboro, NC 27403.