Home /New CE Policy
NBCC Continuing Education Provider Policy
The new NBCC Continuing Education Provider Policy is designed to create structure and add value to your ACEP status and to outline rules, regulations and clear procedures for approval, maintenance and termination.
The NBCC Continuing Education Provider Policy:
- Combines the ACEP policies with the single program approval policies.
- Outlines continuing education provider eligibility requirements.
- Evolves with the profession by:
- Providing two delivery formats: live event and home study.
- Increasing word count calculation for home study programs to be in line with professional standards.
- Revising NBCC approved content areas, including the addition of a ninth content area (wellness and prevention).
- Utilizes a three-year audit cycle.
- Introduces more stringent requirements and qualifications of categories 1 and 2 presenters and includes the addition of a category 3 presenter.
- Will be implemented for ACEPs and applicants based on the implementation timeline.
The NBCC Continuing Education Provider Policy is NCC-friendly and:
- Requires you to provide more details in your promotional materials so that NCCs better understand the continuing education you are providing.
- Requires you to use the ACEP logo so that NCCs can easily recognize that you offer qualifying CE credit.
- Updates the NBCC Approval Statement that is required on all promotional materials and requires you to clearly identify any offerings that do not provide NBCC credit.
The NBCC Continuing Education Provider Policy requires cosponsorship preapproval, which:
- Provides structure to ensure that you can offer quality continuing education through legitimate partnerships.
- Provides quality control through a preapproval process for cosponsorship relationships and programs.
Read the letter from Dr. Thomas Clawson, NBCC’s President and CEO, announcing the new NBCC Continuing Education Provider Policy.