Home /Resources for the Public
Resources for the Public
The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) offers several resources to help you make informed decisions about your or a loved one’s mental health care needs. Choosing a counselor can be overwhelming. Where do you start? How do you know if an individual is qualified? NBCC has developed a number of resources specifically for you:
- Find a National Certified Counselor (NCC) near you with our searchable database;
- Verify an NCC’s certification is current and in good standing with our searchable directory;
- Learn the difference between certification and licensure with our convenient reference chart; and
- Understand the importance of ethics in counseling with our informative resource page.
- Learn more about what National Certified Counselors (NCCs) can bring to your business with our employer’s guide to certification;
- List your open positions and recruit the most qualified counselors with the NBCC job board;
- See the differences between certification and licensure at a glance; and
- Learn more about the importance of ethics in counseling and how an enforceable Code of Ethics protects your customers and business.