Newsletter Advertising Information
Information About The National Certified Counselor
- NBCC is now accepting advertising from Approved Continuing Education Providers (ACEPs) only. For information about applying for ACEP status, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call NBCC at 336-547-0607 and ask for the Continuing Education Department.
- The National Certified Counselor is the newsletter of the National Board for Certified Counselors, Inc., (NBCC) which is the largest professional counselor certification agency in the United States. The NCC is the prime source of news and information for counselors who hold NBCC certification.
- The National Certified Counselor is distributed to all counselors who hold NBCC certification. National Certified Counselors (NCCs) work in a variety of educational and social service settings such as public and private schools, mental health agencies, private practice, correctional facilities, community agencies, rehabilitation agencies, and business and industry. NCCs are trained to assist persons with a variety of needs – aging, vocational development, addictions, adolescence and family concerns, to name a few.
- The National Certified Counselor is also distributed to over 900 agencies, universities and qualified trainers who hold Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) status with NBCC.
- The National Certified Counselor is distributed to over 600 graduate-level university counseling programs. These programs make the newsletter accessible to the thousands of students attending these programs nationwide.
- The National Certified Counselor is published three times a year to a population of approximately 52,000 individuals and 1,500 organizations, agencies and universities.
In each issue you will find:
- News and features pertaining to counselor certification and licensure.
- Updates on continuing education issues to assist certified counselors in meeting.
- Recertification requirements.
- Updates on professional issues and events of interest to the professional counseling community.
NBCC Advertising Policies
- Only advertisements for counseling-related continuing education events or products and services related to the practice of counseling will be accepted for publication in the newsletter.
- Advertising is available for one, two or three consecutive issues per contract. A limited amount of advertising space is available for each issue.
- Publication of an advertisement by NBCC in no way implies NBCC’s endorsement of the advertiser’s theory, product or service.
- Contact information for the advertiser must be included in the advertisement.
- Your organization’s Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) number must be part of the advertisement artwork. It is recommended (but not required) that the ACEP logo be included as well
- If your ACEP status is inactivated at any point during your advertising contract, your ad will be pulled and your contract canceled without refund.
- NBCC reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement. The content of all ads is subject to NBCC’s approval. NBCC will not be liable for any costs for damages if, for any reason, it does not publish an advertisement. Nor will NBCC be liable for any errors in publication.
- NBCC may refuse any ad that is determined to be misleading or inaccurate.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of NBCC.
- Advertisers are responsible for notifying NBCC of any corrections needed. Failure to provide correct information may result in removal or rejection of an ad.
- NBCC is not liable for any delays in production or delivery.
- Advertisers assume liability for all content of advertisements and will assume responsibility for any claims that may arise from said content.
- All fees are subject to change without notice.
- Advertising fees are nonrefundable.
- All advertising order forms, payment and ad copy must be received by the issue deadline date in order to be considered for that issue.
- An ad that is rejected due to space limitations will be returned to the provider along with all fees and forms. This is the only exception to the NBCC advertising fee policy.
- Time-sensitive advertising materials are strongly discouraged since actual newsletter distribution times may require adjustment without notice.
Policies revised April 2014