NBCC Continuing Education Providers
The information on this page is designed for individuals and organizations who provide continuing education for counselors and who are interested in NBCC approval or who are already approved by NBCC.
Note: NBCC Continuing Education approval does not imply endorsement of any particular counseling theory or method.
Single Continuing Education Event Approval
- This approval opportunity is designed for LIVE workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Workshops offered on different topics offered on separate days which can be paid for and registered for separately must be applied for individually.
- Home study program providers may not use this application and must seek approval using the application listed below for organizations and individuals needing NBCC Approved CE Provider status.
- Single Event Approval is active for a 12 month period from the first date the program is offered.
- All events must adhere to the policies published in the NBCC CE Policies and Procedures booklet.
- Teleconferences offered in” real time” are considered live events and sponsors should use this application to seek approval.
Approved Continuing Education Provider Status
- This status is offered to qualifying organizations and individuals.
- This application is comprehensive because it is not just for a single event; it is an “umbrella” approval under which the provider may add new offerings without having to re-apply to NBCC as long as the new offerings are compliant with the NBCC CE Policies and Procedures (link below).
- Providers of live trainings may choose this application or the Single Event Approval application.
- Providers of home study programs must use this application. Home study approval is divided into Traditional (book/DVD/Tape and a quiz), Subscription (quizzes inserted into professional periodicals), and Online CE programs.
Application to Add a New Type of Continuing Education Approval
(for already approved continuing education providers)
This form is designed for NBCC Approved CE Providers who are approved for one type of CE and wish to add other type to their approval.
NBCC ACEP Logo Use Agreement Form
NBCC encourages all ACEPs to use the logo designed especially for NBCC ACEPs. That signals all certified and licensed counselors that they may earn NBCC approved CE clock hours for the events given by ACEPs.
Continuing Education Approval for Regionally Accredited Universities with Counselor Education Programs
This application is for both CACREP accredited and Non-CACREP accredited graduate level counselor education departments in regionally accredited universities that wish to offer NBCC approved CE hours for their workshops and trainings.
NBCC Continuing Education Requirements, Policies and Procedures
NBCC Continuing Education Policies and Procedures
NBCC Approved CE Providers and sponsors of NBCC Approved Single CE Events are responsible for ensuring that all aspects of their CE offerings are in compliance with the policies and procedures published in this document.
Annual Update and 5th Year Renewal Forms
NBCC ACEPS must renew their approval each year. The forms are mailed to each ACEP in early March and are due back by April 30 of each year. The forms are also posted on this page in Word for your convenience. Please not NOT use one of the blank forms until you have received your paper form in the mail so you will know which form to select. When submitting your form, fee and any documents required, please send it by ONE method only to avoid being charged twice.
NBCC Approved CE Provider Annual Update Form
NBCC Approved CE Provider 5th Year Renewal Form
NBCC Approved CE Provider Annual Update Form for Regionally Accredited Institutions Offering Counselor Preparation Programs
NBCC Approved CE Provider Annual Update Form for ACA and Affiliates