Home /Apply for Continuing Education Approval
Apply for Continuing Education Approval
The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) works closely with its continuing education providers to ensure that they maintain the highest standards in mental health training.
There are two types of approval that you or your organization can apply for: Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) status and single program approval.
Single Program Approval
- Single program providers are providers who offer single continuing education programs that have been specifically approved by NBCC prior to the event.
- Single program approval is designed for live workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Teleconferences and webinars offered in “real time” are considered live events. Please use the single program application to seek approval.
- Workshops that are offered on separate days and can be paid for and registered for separately must be applied for individually.
- Single program approval is active for one year following the approval date.
- All events must adhere to the NBCC Continuing Education Provider Policy.
- If the program is offered as a home-study (e.g., on demand, online, book and quiz), it is not eligible for single program approval. Providers that offer home-study programs may apply for ACEP status.
Single Program Application
Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) Status
- ACEPs have demonstrated eligibility and been granted ACEP status. Providers granted NBCC ACEP status are authorized to offer NBCC credit for each program, course or presentation that the ACEP determines meets all NBCC policy requirements and otherwise qualifies for NBCC credit.
- Once you become an ACEP, you can apply to add a new type of CE approval.
- Learn more about the ACEP status renewal requirements
- NBCC also offers a special live program approval for regionally accredited institutions with counselor education programs that want to offer NBCC-approved CE hours for workshops and trainings. Please see the application for details.
- ACEP Application
- University Counselor Education Department Application
- ACA/AMHCA Division and Branches Application
- Cosponsorship Application for ACEPs
- ACEP Additional Delivery Format Application
- Cosponsorship Application for ACEPs Partnering With Another ACEP
Using the ACEP Logo
As an ACEP, you can use the ACEP logo to let all NCCs and licensed counselors know that they can earn NBCC-approved CE clock hours for your events and activities.