NBCC Advertising Policies and Procedures
(Taken from the NBCC Continuing Education Policies and Procedures)
General Advertising Policies
- Advertisements will be accepted only for events, products and services related to the practice of counseling.
- The publication of an advertisement by NBCC in no way implies NBCC’s endorsement of the advertiser’s theory, product, or service.
- Contact information for the advertiser must be included in the advertisement.
- NBCC reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement without cause. The content of all advertisements is subject to NBCC’s approval.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of NBCC.
- NBCC will not be liable for any costs or damages if, for any reason, it fails to publish an advertisement nor for any errors in publication. Advertisers are responsible for notifying NBCC of any corrections needed. Failure to provide correct information may result in removal or rejection of an ad.
- NBCC is not liable for any delays in production or delivery due to any condition beyond NBCC’s control.
- Advertisers assume liability for all content of advertisements and will assume responsibility for any claims that may arise from their content.
- All fees are subject to change without notification.
- Advertising fees are not refundable. NBCC cancellation of an advertisement is the only exception to this policy.
Newsletter Advertising Policies
- All advertising order forms, payment and ad copy must be received by the deadline date in order to be considered for the upcoming issue.
- An ad that must be rejected due to space limitations will be returned to the provider along with all fees and forms.
Web Advertising Policies
- Study Guide advertisements are limited to the information elicited by the Study Guide Advertisement Application Form.
- Web advertising may not include underline formatting (except for hyperlinks). Bold, italics, and capitalization are permitted for emphasis only.
- All Web advertisement contracts are valid for one year and annual payment is due January 1st each year. Non-payment by the deadline will result in the immediate cancellation of the advertisement. Midcycle cancellations are not refundable.
For NBCC Approved Continuing Education Providers Only
Calendar Listing Request Form
One of the benefits for NBCC Approved CE providers includes free listings in the NBCC CE Calendar.
NBCC Continuing Education Calendar
NBCC posts this calendar of upcoming live CE events for the next four month period for NBCC Approved CE providers only.
ACEP Logo Agreement 2012
NBCC encourages all NBCC ACEPs to use the new approved logo on your continuing education advertising materials to help NCCs and others to see your approval status with NBCC. If you have not already done so, please print, complete and submit the Logo Use and Agreement Form linked above